The Adjustable Rotary Cutter is the cutter I suggest for cutting the fabric for your buttons.
That was pretty simple, right? Well don’t worry I’m not done. There is a little more to it. This post is actually going to have two parts. In this post I will explain why the rotary cutter is a great cutting tool. The next post will show the two other alternatives we have and why they don’t work as good.
Why is the Rotary Cutter Suggested?
- Accuracy – A template is included so you can center your design in the middle before you make a cut. (This is also a good feature because some fabrics have designs all around, this way you can maximize all the designs available by cutting out each one without ruining the others.
- Templates – Two templates are included so you can change them out if you have more than one button maker size.
- “Crush Cut” – This is the main reason why this cutter works the best. It will cut your fabric without fraying the edges.
- Adjustable – As mentioned before with the multiple templates, this cutter has pre-set stops for the following sizes: 1″, 1-1/2″, 2-1/4″, 3″ and 3-1/2″.
- Durable – All metal constructed cutter.
What I Also Suggest?
- You might be familiar with the rubber sheet sold to line cabinets or drawers so things don’t slide. I would suggest buying this too. Once you have your rotary cutter adjusted to the size you need, make a template out of this rubber stuff too. Why you ask? This will go on top of your fabric so the cutter does not move around while you are making your cut. So you will end up with two templates. (Video Coming Soon!)
- If you have a punch, please read “Can I Use My Graphic Punch For Fabric?“.
Coming Soon ….
Which Cutter is Best For Fabric II
Can I Use My Graphic Punch For Fabric?