I wanted to start with this subject first because some of you may already have something to cut fabric into a circle. And it is a good starting point to see what button maker size is best for you too.
If you don’t have a cutter please visit the next post, “Which Cutter is Best For Fabric?”.
Wheather it is paper or fabric, your material has to be the correct size to wrap around the shell. Visit the Button Templates page and find the size you are most interested in and print that page. This is the best way to use a non-adjustable cutting tool to see if it will cut the correct size you need. Of course, you should also make sure your cutter can cut the fabric you are using too.
What will you find here?
- You will see one column labeled “Button Size” and three more columns that say “Download” beneath them.
- If you are designing your buttons on a computer and own the programs Fireworks or Photoshop, feel free to download the templates you need also.
- However, for our purposes you will “print” the “PDF Layout Sheet” for ther size you need.
- Now you can use your cutter to see if it will cut the size required for the button size you want or have.
Other ways you can use the “PDF Layout Sheet”
- Use it to see what button size is right for you – The visible picture size diameter is also provided on the sheet. This way you can make demos of what you want and see if you want your image bigger or smaller.
- Have samples ready so when your machine arrives you are ready to make your first fabric button.
Coming Soon ….
Which Cutter is Best For Fabric
Can I Use My Graphic Punch For Fabric