These are probably my favorite buttons, next to the 1-1/2″ keychains. What female wouldn’t LOVE a custom mirror for their purse. It looks like a button from the front and then when you turn it over you have a REAL mirror.
YES! I said a REAL mirror. It’s not a piece of shiny metal. These are great with fabric too. The smallest button maker size you can use is 2-1/4″.
The assembly steps for these is a little different. You’ll get 5 pieces for each mirror.
- Place your shell, paper/fabric, and mylar*(see note below) in the left die, in that order.
- Place the Collet with the sharp side facing up in the right die.
- Next place your Mirror upside down into the collet.
- Take your Shim and bend it slightly. (I put it at the edge of a table so half hangs off and then bend it down slightly)
- Your Shim is placed on top of the mirror so it does NOT rattle when it is completed.
- Your button maker is loaded. Make the button.
(*If you are using the mylar with fabric it may not work as well. Most of you using fabric don’t use the mylar. I have also heard that placing the mylar under the fabric helps.